Friday, June 6, 2014

a friendly weekend

friday : may 31

I started my Friday morning with work followed by a lunch/dinner with some of the people I work with, as well as meeting the lady I substitute for. Overall it was a very friendly lunch/dinner and two hours were spent with delicious Mexican food and very interesting topics. Later that night, I met my friends at Rachel's house, where we played Saboteur, ate kumquats, played Cranium and made homemade pizookies (cookies + ice cream). We also ate the pizookies.
Saboteur is always fun, but this was especially fun because Matt had never played before and finally did! As always, friendships were lost and then re-kindled over the next games.

A majority of the game went like this:
"BLUE TEAM!"
"No, I want you to pick a new card."
"Okay, fine."
*picks new card, looks at it*
"BLUE TEAAAAM"
"YEAAAHHH"

The other times it went like this:
"You're the saboteur!"
"I'm blocking your ass."
"I'm NOT THE SABOTEUR"
"I was the saboteur."

It was only 10:30 when the game ended, but we didn't want to go home so we decided to play Cranium and Rachel fed everyone frozen scones (they were scones put in the freezer and they were edible) and I may or may not have had three or more. Rachel then made a homemade pizookie and we would take breaks between our game of Cranium so we could gather around a small iron-cast pan to gorge on chocolate chip cookie and vanilla ice cream goodness.

The game of Cranium was a fun one, as it always is, and I have come to conclusion that Brittany will always think abstractly, no matter what it is I'm drawing/acting out. The "universal sign" for roller coasters really is the wave thing, but of course she said 'waves', and not 'roller coaster'. Still my best, regardless. #teamyellowteamdefeated
Rachel and Evan won in the end, and it was definitely a good game. We all headed home around midnight only to meet back at Rachel's house again the next day.

saturday: june 1

Everyone except Matt met up at Rachel's house where Evan and Jacob drove to Aliso Beach, over by a few neighboring beaches and we had a picnic on the shore with sandwiches, lemonade, chips, cookies, and potato salad! It was six hours of a fun filled day and I actually went into the water! It had been the first time I'd been in the water for over two years and so I was not only having panic attacks, but I wasn't sure how to tread water for a long period of time.
I ended up doing well in the water, especially since I was surrounded by people who really cared about me and made sure I was okay by checking up on me. After getting out of the water, I wanted to lay in the hot, sweltering heat because that's the logical thing to do. I applied sunscreen all over though, so I'd like to think I didn't get burnt.
Later that night, was again spent at Rachel's house. We decided to watch "Wolverine", but unfortunately I didn't think the movie was that great. I guess that's how I seem to think of those movies lately. I'm not a movie junkie, never have been, most likely never will be. Then after that, a late night trip to Tapioca Express was made and then I didn't go to bed for another three hours.
It was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment