Sunday, April 27, 2014

18/100

Today was super relaxing. I did nothing for a good half of my day and then I got around to organizing my bookshelf and it looks really nice right now. It's not done yet, but I'll wake up early and clean the rest in the morning. Besides cleaning, my parents brought home groceries and there were so many wonderful things they brought home, like caramel, honey mustard pretzels, sourdough bread, etc. Dinner tonight was delicious as well - sinigang! A sour, tamarind based broth with chopped vegetables such as okra, bokchoy, eggplant, green beans, and radish (a korean twist). Usually served with cubes of beef in the broth, we substituted the beef with fish. However, I did not eat the fish. I had a couple of korean side dishes. Ah, the fusion of korean food and filipino food during the same meal never fails to make me smile. 
After dinner, I received a phone call from the lovely Julio and we talked for about two and a half hours. A plethora of subjects were touched upon. 2048: DCI Edition is my newest internet addiction. **You cannot merge two tiles together unless they are the same. This is very important to know when playing any 2048 game! 

Some really interesting topics we talked about were:

  • Is it actually right or wrong? Is there such a thing as right and wrong?
  • Would you rather be a skilled drummer who cannot perform, or a drummer who is highly able to perform but lacks skill? 
  • I really don't know anything about parties.
  • I can place my glasses in fairly hot water and let it steep for a minute, then chill them quickly in cool water and allow my glasses to conform to the shape of my head. 
  • Personality tests are seriously the coolest things. 
  • I memorized Julio's number.
I miss Julio.


Question 18

How would you prefer to die?

My stock answer is always that I would prefer to die in my sleep, but as of lately, I've given it more thought. How peaceful is dying in your sleep, exactly? Would you wake up before you died, and start suffocating in a panic? Would a part of your body fail and wake you up? Would you even be aware of this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment