Tuesday, April 15, 2014

7/100

Driving at 70+ mph on the 241 N with my sisters in the car, with the wind carelessly blowing through my hair, with "Cleopatra" playing on repeat, by sharing a special moment with my sisters,
that's what made me happy today. 

Question 7
What is the best compliment you have ever been given?

When I was a senior in high school, I had always dreaded playing Clarinet 1/Clarinet 2 in Wind Ensemble, let alone being a part of wind ensemble because I was afraid of the amount of time and effort I'd have to put into the class, whereas in Symphonic winds nothing was challenging and I was almost bored half the time. I was forced to audition for Wind Ensemble by my music director not because he wanted to make me suffer (mostly), but because he saw something in me that I didn't see in myself. He didn't compliment me the day I auditioned, but when I saw my name next to a list of people who had made the cut, that was the greatest compliment anyone could have ever given me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment